Saturday, May 3, 2014

End Goals, Big Goals, Baby Goals

When it comes to weight loss, so many people have huge goals: to drop 50 pounds, get into a size 3, or have a six pack. Its great to have goals, but a lot of people have lofty goals - attainable, but big. I feel like big goals require huge amounts of willpower and motivation.
I like to have multiple goals running at the same time. You'll notice that every Monday I'll set a goal. I like having little goals, weekly goals. Because I'm only setting up a goal for the week, I like it to be attainable. Eat a new vegetable, only have fast food once, lose an inch or two. Small goals that break up a big goal (like losing 50 pounds) and help work toward the big goal helps guarantee that motivation isn't lost.
In addition to big goals and little weekly goals, I'll be setting medium fitness goals. I've signed up for a color run 5k! It isn't until October or November. For those of you without a calendar nearby, that's 5-6 months out. That's a long time to train for a measly 5k. My goal is to be able to jog the entire thing without stopping.
As someone who vomits after a quarter mile, I'll need every week to train. 

No comments:

Post a Comment