Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ketogenic Diet: Day 1 of 21



Science says it takes 21 days to make something a habit. I tried Paleo for 30 days (okay, no, I failed at Paleo for 28 days. The first two days went well though), and decided it wasn't for me. I've been playing around with Keto for about a week now, but the thing about Keto is it isn't something you can do for a day, then not do for a day. The great thing behind the Keto diet is that it trains your body to want to use fat for fuel instead of carbohydrates. There's even science behind it. Although the article I cited didn't say there was substantial evidence toward weight loss, many people have experienced positive results and cyclical Keto dieting (CKD) is used by many body builders during their cutting period.

As someone who loves research, I dove in head first. The dietary goal is to have at least 70% of your calories come from fat, and no more than 5% of your calories come from carbs.  My goal is 143g of fat (72%), 100g of protein (23%), and 20g of carbohydrates (5%). This is just a rough goal. The important thing is to limit carbohydrates (no more than 20g until ketosis is achieved), keep protein moderate, and have at least 143g of fat. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment