Saturday, May 10, 2014

Why Paleo Didn't Work for Me

A lot of people that are big into weight lifting and fitness swear by paleo. For those who don't know, paleo is a way of eating that emphasizes, more or less, the way our ancestors ate during the Paleolithic era. I know it sounds crazy, but the more you read into it the more logic you can see behind it. To summarize, no grain, no beans or legumes, no dairy. Everything else is fair game. I can live without peanut butter, bread, noodles and even beans. You know what I can't live without?



I tried paleo. I really gave it a go. I missed cheese way too much. Oh, and butter. Vegetables sautéed in olive oil do not compare to those sautéed in butter. I did lose weight and it eliminated my intestinal issues, but it wasn't a lifestyle I could see myself committing to.
For those of you stronger willed than me, I do highly recommend checking out paleo! Want to learn more? Nerd Fitness has a wonderful explanation as well as an awesome free eBook. Check out the whole website while you're at it. Its full of fantastic resources and great motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment