Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thinspo vs Fitspo: How I Found Motivation

I always thought it wasn't worth wasting my time sweatting it out at the gym and eating healthy because I was never going to be skinny like the girls in magazines.


I will never be that skinny. I'm just not built for it. To see images like this almost exclusively was always frustrating. My calf is likely larger than her thigh. Now, this may be a healthy weight for this girl, but it isn't for me. I've always known that short of an eating ddisorder I'd never be that thin (and with an eating disorder I'd never look that pretty!)
Not everyone is familiar with the concept of thinspo or thinspiration. It may motivate some women, but it can lead others down a dangerous path. In what seems like a case of rebellion, fitspo (fitsporation) has become increasingly popular.



This is something I can achieve - though I won't ever be so tan! It'll be a ton of work, but it's attainable. She has thick legs and broad shoulders and wide hips just like I do. Those are not things I'll ever be able to change about myself, so I'm pleased to find more and more pictures of women that motivate me to change my body realistically. I know the only way I'll ever have a flat stomach is if I pack on some serious muscle in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment