Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fat Fast



I generally don't like the idea of fasting as a weight loss tool. Nevertheless, I'm going to give this a shot. Now, I try to so my best to reference and cite the website(s) that I find information on when trying something new. Dear readers, I've failed you. For the life of me, I cannot find where I read about this particular fat fast.

Anyway, the theory is to eat nothing, and only drink bulletproof coffee (BPC) and water. Bulletproof coffee is basically coffee that has a high fat content. I make mine with 2 tbls butter and 2 tbls heavy whipping cream. I use a stick blender to make it frothy and creamy and it tastes like a latte. I also add some Trivia, because I like sweet coffee, but most people don't seem to do so.

Here's the plan:
Day 1 - BPC (as much as im hungry for) and lots of decaf green tea  (water in our area tastes gross)
Day 2 - BPC (until 2pm), lots more green tea and a low carb, high fat dinner
Day 3 - BPC for breakfast, and a low carb, high fat lunch and dinner

The theory is that this will get me back into ketosis. I ate whatever I wanted yesterday (oops) and kicked myself out of ketosis. This should get me back into ketosis in a shorter amount of time than what it typically takes.

I'll report back on how I'm feeling soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment