Saturday, May 31, 2014

The End of the Egg Fast

At least for the moment, the egg fast has ended. I barfed. Only a little bit, but it was like throwing up acid. Anyway, after doing some research it may be because I'm not quite yet fat adapted. I will try it in a couple weeks.

Pros of the egg fast:
1. I always knew what I was eating. There was no urge to cheat.
2. I lost weight. Fast. I went from 199 to 195 in two days. Even if I gain half of it back, two pounds in two days is a lot.
3. It was not all water weight. My pants are looser.
4. It is very convenient. Meal prep takes 10 minutes, clean up is a breeze, and I can prepare my lunch (hard boiled eggs) for the whole week in half an hour. Super easy.
5. I learned lots of ways to eat eggs: hard boiled, shirred, soft boiled, fried, scrambled with cheese, omelettes, egg salad, deviled, etc.
6. It was rewarding. Instant gratification.

Cons:
1. I barfed.
2. Acid reflux
3. Constipation and stomach cramps (just once but it really hurt)
4. It was boring, especially lunch. I figured out 3 ways to eat it for lunch. That was going to get old fast, especially if I had lasted as long as I initially planned.

All in all, I did really enjoy it-or at least I enjoyed the results enough to subject myself to it again. I'm going to give it two or three weeks before trying again, but I will definitely be doing this again. I think it's a good tool so long as I keep the weight off once returning to my Keto diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment