Thursday, May 8, 2014

Couch to 5k: Throwing in the Towel

Okay, I have to admit it, I'm a quitter.


I am officially giving up on Couch to 5k. Sorry, but it isnt for me. I've been struggling with running. Not only that, but I have been so dismayed that I've been neglecting my healthy eating. That's no good. Eating crap and barely running has made me feel depressed and I'm 90% sure I have gained weight and inches this week. Ugh. I'm normally not so defeatist. It's only Thursday and I think I've already failed. I need a change.

I know the quote is traditionally "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life", but the above image really got me thinking. When I was lifting free weights, I was psyched to go to the gym. Since hurting myself, I've been totally uninterested in exercising and eating healthy. Since my doctor won't clear me to lift yet, I'll be on the hunt for a new exercise that I love. Up next? Yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment