Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mocha Protein Treat

Like most 20-something women, I love iced coffee. While I know it's better to eat your calories instead of drink them, sometimes I just want iced coffee instead of cooking. The problem is that iced coffee is basically empty calories with no nutritional value. I've yet to find a company that makes mocha flavored protein powder (what a shame!) so instead I combine all the ingredients in a 1 quart mason jar:
Cold coffee (I use about 1.5 cups)
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (whey)
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (again, whey)
Chocolate syrup to taste
2 handfuls ice
Milk for the remainder
Throw a lid on, use the ice and shake vigorously.
50 grams of protein and I get my iced coffee fix. It makes a lot and stores fine overnight in the fridge if you feel like it's too much. Also, a great make ahead recipe, just grab and go in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment