Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Scale Addiction

I've heard people talk about obsessing over weighing themselves and how "addictive" the scale is.
Apparently I've been doing it wrong for years!

I never understood this. I liked to weigh myself every day, but it wasn't a big deal to me. Now that I have a new scale, I totally understand. There's a big difference between squinting at a 1980s analog scale and a digital scale. Now that I can see every increment of change, every ounce leaving my body, I understand.
Hopefully it doesn't become a real problem, but so far I've woken up very pleased each morning to see I've lost another pound and a half. With my old scale it was hard to see anything less than a four pound loss, plus the inconsistency issues made it very upsetting. I'm hoping being able to see this daily change will help motivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment