Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Goodbye to Keto

While I love what keto does for my skin, my energy, my blood sugar, and my hunger (plus the food is awesome!), I've decided keto is not for me. This past week, I was extremely well behaved. Didn't cheat once, kept my carbs low, went to the gym three times, the whole nine yards. I have nothing to show for it. On top of that, I was reviewing my old gym journal (pre-abdominal tear), and I was upping my weight on 2-3 exercises every session. Do you know how many times I've upped the weight on an exercise this last month? Twice. I have been to the gym 10 times, and have upped two exercise 5 pounds. I used to up my squat by ten pounds almost once a week.  I feel like I'm not getting nearly enough protein, but when I eat all the fat I have no appetite.

For those of you that love keto and are having success, I am envious and wish you all the best. I'll still be posting keto friendly recipes because my new diet (post to come!) will only allow 175g of carbs, and I'm saving those for veggies and home made bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment