Saturday, July 12, 2014

New App Recommendation: Fitocracy

It's been a while since I made a recommendation. A friend turned me on to Fitocracy. It's a social network for healthy people!
So, Fitocracy is not just an app, it's a true social network available both online and through the app. The reason this post is an app recommendation is because the app is awesome. Now, I'm also on Bodybuilding.com, but I find their app is clunky, lags horribly on my cheap smart phone, and crashes with an unfortunate frequency. It might really be my phone's fault, given that the Buzzfeed app also crashes, but I digress.

The great thing about Fitocracy is how easy it is to use. It even has a cool section where if you don't know how to do an exercise, there are either pictures or a thorough description. Creating a workout is a matter of hitting a little button and you can work off that same workout each time with no need to search for your exercises every time you want to log a workout. On top of all that, there's a points system!
Really, the points allow you to level up. Near as I can tell, there are no perks to leveling up, but it's a great mental reward. I'm a level 6 already. What does that mean? No clue. Am I excited about it? Yes!





2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about Fitocracy .... but I think trying to remember to track one more place may make me lose my ever-loving mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already track my workouts so it's simply a matter of tracking in a different way for me. I've been very lax about tracking my food though. It's just too much for me some days, you know?

      Delete