Monday, July 7, 2014

It's Time for The Talk



Oh, no, not that talk. The supplement talk. Now, I've been having a certain problem recently...


Supplements are huge in the weightlifting community, but I've always been a firm believer that it's far better to get our nutrients naturally. Well, that's a great theory, but on a restricted Keto diet, it's tough. Seriously, do you know how hard it is to get fiber in when you don't eat any grains?! Well, good news!



By taking supplements, I've not only cured my constipation (which was getting to be pretty uncomfortable), but I feel much better and my weight loss has increased! Whoo!

So what am I taking? 2 fiber pills (per directions on the bottle), 2 magnesium citrate pills (again per the instructions) and 2 cranberry pills. Why? Well, the fiber should be obvious. The magnesium also helps with that. The citrate form is one of the most absorbable form, and what I'd recommend grabbing. It's known that ketoers often are low on magnesium and potassium. The cranberry pills are because I was fighting off a UTI. The bottle says two at every meal (three times per day). I did so while I was having symptoms, but since that has subsided, I'm down to just the two in the morning. They are great for a lot of reasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment