Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tracking Fail

I'm not doing well tracking my macros. It's not like it takes that much time to track, but it's one more thing to do, and when I'm already feeling overwhelmed, it's one thing I can choose to sacrifice. I've cut back on the carbs though, and I'm feeling much better, plus my skin is starting to improve.

On the other hand, my protein has been less than ideal. I have no idea why the FDA recommends 50g of protein and 300g of carbs. It's ridiculous. Only eating 50g of protein? Yeah, no wonder vegans think they're getting enough protein in. 50g from non-meat sources is pretty easy, it's the other 100g that are tricky!
I like this version better:
I'd throw grains in where fruit is and combine fruit, sweets (basically the same thing as fruit), and swap them with nuts on top. I love nuts, but I can understand how some people could over do it. They're high in fat and protein and could be over done. Plus, the whole nut/seed oil debate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in a constant struggle to decide what the heck works for me. I know I feel better when I do LCHF ... but the wallet REALLY likes cheap carbs. (Of course, not spending all the $ on cigarettes could just go to decent groceries!) Love your comment about vegans. I have a handful of relatives who've all gone vegan and NONE of them are in good shape.

    ReplyDelete