Saturday, August 9, 2014

More Tweaking

I'm liking IIFYM a lot. You know why? Convenience food. I won't lie. I love fast food. Panda Express, Tacobell, Chinese buffets, greasy Mexican fast food, I love all of it. What I don't love is how IIFYM has caused my face to break out.
The left was on keto (the black shit on my face is roofing cement), the right is from this morning. I'm pink in both pictures, but I feel like I'm much more red on the right, and the breakouts that I have on the right are big and scabby, whereas on the left they were relatively small and not very noticeable (and didn't become inflamed).

Rather than go back to keto, I'm going to tip my macros slowly in that direction to figure out the issue. It isn't all a matter of sugar either (which was my first thought). I ate sugar (though sugar alcohols), I ate fast food (though keto approved fast food), and I ate gluten (in low carb wraps), so who knows? Instead of160g of carbs, 47g of fat and 130g of protein I'm changing it to 102g of carbs, 120-140g of protein (goal is 140g, but I know that's tough) and 72g of fat. I'm hoping this will help my skin, without sacrificing my gym and weight loss progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment