Friday, August 15, 2014

First Night with a Trainer

We did legs.

Ow. It hurts to sit. Not to sit down, but to sit. Just sitting in my chair typing hurts my quads.

Anyway, this was my first time with a trainer (it was free). I really enjoyed it. He was smart, polite, and knowledgeable. He said my form wasn't bad, but needed a bit of work. He showed me how to get lower in my squat, and some cool new exercises. It was wonderful. Would I pay for a trainer every week? No way. Not on my limited income. But, I can see how some individuals would benefit from regularly going to a good trainer. He really pushed me a bit more than I would have on my own, and having a spotter definitely gave me more confidence to go heavier. He was great, and I will definitely be going back to him in a few months for a form check and progress.

Also, my new gym? I'm pumped! It's really nice. I'm going to have to start going on the way to work instead of on the way home though, because it's pretty busy at 4:30. That's okay though. I don't work until 10, so I've got quite a bit of time in the morning.

Also, I'm now set up to go play racquetball with my dad after class on Monday nights. I'm so excited! I love racquetball and it's pretty much the only cardio I'll do for an extended period of time. I can't wait! We used to play a few years ago once or twice a week. It was great spending time with him and good exercise. I don't recall losing weight, but I think I would have if I'd been watching my diet. Hopefully John will be willing to start playing too, and we can start going once a week too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment