Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Am I Skinny Yet?

I feel like I've been doing really well with not cheating, but I'm not seeing the results I want.

When I think back (okay, look back on my blog), I started keto on May 14th. In just over a month I've lost 10 pounds. I should be over the moon! 10 pounds in a month is a ton of weight for such a small amount of time (at least for a person my size). According to the internet (which is always right), this is what five pounds looks like:
While that woman may be a size zero, I'm going to assume she has normal adult hands. Just looking at how big it is in her hands, I feel accomplished because I've lost twice that. As great as that is, I haven't lost a single pants size. I have a pair of 14 Walmart jeans that barely fit last winter, and I'd like to fit into them again this fall, but at this point I'm feeling like it isn't ever going to happen. Since May, I'm down a half inch on my waist and hips, and up .125 inches on my abdomen. As someone who always loses from my stomach before anywhere else, I'm very frustrated.

This keto diet really seems to have altered how my body loses. I've only lost 4 inches across my body, despite my ten pound loss. Ugh. My follow up with my doc for my abdominal tear is on Monday. Hopefully this means I'll be back at the gym in July. If I'm still not allowed to work out after Monday, I don't know what I'm going to do. Probably cry and watch Disney Movies while drinking a giant chocolate shake.

Some day!


2 comments:

  1. I totally get the frustration! It's like my body just doesn't seem to understand that it doesn't belong over 200. I'm 6 pounds away right now and if I don't get there soon I'll probably start screaming and not stop. Of course, it probably doesn't help that I'm the most impatient person in the world when it comes to "diets" and sticking to anything for any amount of time. A month into LCHF I decided to try carb cycling and that's just getting confusing so I'm thinking of going back to straight LCHF (but not keto) but I really don't know if I can see that being a forever w.o.e. Maybe I'll see how many carbs I can squeeze into myself while still being "low" ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you join me in the under 200 club soon! I've been hovering just below 200 for a while now and I'm ready to feel a little more secure about never seeing 200 pop up on my scale ever again. I too looked in to carb cycling, and while the idea is really appealing, I think I'm going to give it a month of being back at the gym before I decide how I feel about that. I can't really get a clear idea of how carb cycling is supposed to work and don't want to get flustered and give up.

    How many carbs are you eating now?

    ReplyDelete