Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Belated Evaluation of May's Goals

Today I realized I had set the goal of being able to touch my toes by the end of May. Hah. That didn't happen.

My doc has said no weightlifting, no crunches, no cardio, and no yoga. Apparently I'm one step above bed rest, which is infuriating given that I'm not having any pain from my abdominal tear. Whatever. I'm being re-evaluated on the 22nd, so hopefully I will have a clean bill of health and be able to go back to the gym.

Speaking of the gym, I don't think you understand just how much I miss it. I recently joined Fitocracy (a cool fitness based social network which I will be reviewing once I get more use out of it), which has only made me more anxious to return. It's just frustrating knowing that while some people get hurt doing something typically understood as dangerous (skateboarding, mountain biking, etc), I get injured at the gym.

It's frustrating and I'm really starting to lose motivation. I know that diet is 80% of your fitness, but it feels like I'm wasting my time without being able to lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment