Friday, September 19, 2014

Fast Food Cut Back

I've always been bad at moderating fast food intake.
Growing up, it was a treat. As an adult, it has still been a treat. I survived a rough day at work and don't feel like cooking: grab a dollar sandwich and fries. I've been doing really well losing weight: have a frappe (doesn't this seem counter-intuitive?!). The thing is, I've never had the disposable income necessary for some of those fun "rewards" the internet suggests, like new workout clothes, a pedicure, etc. $20 workout clothes or $3 fast food treat? It's not a hard decision when money is tight.

I recently bought myself something I've really wanted for quite a while: laser hair removal. I have the money I'm saving by not having a gym membership, and I've stopped buying myself fast food. Rededicating the money from fast food toward something I really want has helped me kick the fast food habit far easier than "because I'm trying to lose weight" ever did. As a result? I'm actually losing weight more easily, and I don't feel deprived. I love this aspect of intuitive eating! I don't crave fast food because I'm denying myself. I don't crave it because I don't want it. I don't want fast food, I want to be hairless! Sometimes I crave a mocha frappe...so I buy a small one. I buy it, and I drink it and I savor every sip. Then I throw the cup in the trash and don't think about fast food for a week or two - maybe longer. It's great. I feel free! I'm no longer controlled by food. Now I'm controlled by my financial needs and wants, like a normal person! This is a really big deal!

Before, I didn't even know that my thoughts about food weren't normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment