Sunday, October 26, 2014

Modified 5 Bites: Day 1

Yesterday I did a modified 5 Bites Diet. I had only 5 bites of food at a time. Unlike the true 5 Bites Diet, I ate whenever I was hungry - per intuitive eating standards. It doesn't sound healthy to only eat 10-12 bites of food in a day. You know what does sound like a good idea? Implementing the 5 bites theory as a way to control portion size.

Yesterday I ate a total of 32 bites of food. That's really weird. Even weirder, I wasn't hungry. The results:

Down 1 inch across my stomach.
Down half an inch around my waist.
Up .3 pounds.

Wow. I might stick with this on days when it's convenient. Am I going to do this when I got out to dinner? Nope! Am I going to do it when I'm sitting at home and have nothing better to do than eat? You bet. I've learned from Intuitive Eating that food is meant to be enjoyed. I'm not going to eat 3 bites of hamburger and one french fry just to lose weight. I'll eat half of both and enjoy every bite. It'll be great.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just wondering if you ever tried it again and how it went.

    ReplyDelete