Thursday, August 14, 2014

Only 24 Hours in a Day

Everything involves sacrifice - which is a bummer.
 My job has gotten to be pretty stressful, I've written nothing in the last two weeks, I've gone to the gym zero times since I burned myself, my dishes have piled up in the sink, my house is a mess, laundry needs to be put away, and school hasn't even started yet!

What have I been doing? Working, preparing for school, house sitting, house hunting, researching mortgages, looking up properties and trailers for sale, planning my wedding, applying for new jobs, taking care of a sick dog, and crocheting my wedding dress.
A piece of my wedding dress.
Plus, I haven't had sex in over a month. First I was injured, then John was sick, then I was house sitting, and now that I'm back John isn't feeling well again and is freaking out over our poor dog that keeps coughing like she has Valley Fever. Ugh.

I'm just having a hard time shuffling my priorities.

Things I need to do:
  • Apply for new jobs
  • Workout
  • Eat better
  • Fix up the house
  • Clean the damn house
  • School (which starts in 2 weeks)
  • Medicate the dog (a 10 minute ordeal twice a day)
 Things I want to do:
  • Research housing
  • Get John to commit to a house decision
  • Plan my wedding
  • Have a social life
  • Build a shed and stop paying for a storage unit
  • Crochet and sew
  • Watch Netflix
Things I'm currently doing:
  • Applying for new jobs
  • Medicating the dog
  • Crocheting
  • Watching Netflix
  • Researching housing
 It's close, but there certainly isn't enough of my "Need to" list on my "current" list.

On top of all this, there's a great housing opportunity that John is reluctant to take advantage of. The property next to my sister's is empty. It's a rent to own, the owners are the parents of a couple I know, they'd love to have us out there, we could do whatever we wanted to the property, and it's an acre and a half! The only down side is that we'd need to move a trailer out there. Personally, I don't see this as a downside. It means we get to move the nicest place we can afford, the perfect place for us, out to our own acre and a half of nice cleared property.

John is less than thrilled. He doesn't want to mess around with finding, moving, and setting up a trailer. I don't blame him, BUT were we to buy property, nothing in our price range has a liveable trailer on it. We'd end up dumping thousands of dollars into fixing up a trailer instead of just moving a nicer one out there.

Plus, I don't think he realizes how much it would mean to me to live close to my sister. John and I want to live in a rural community. Being 30 minutes from town, 30 minutes from the police, and 30 minutes from the fire department means that having a strong community is imperative. I love my sister, her husband is wonderful, I know all their neighbors through various house sitting jobs, and they all are so close. If you need anything, call. There's always someone available and willing to help (of course that's expected to be reciprocated, but that's fine). I would be able to walk to my sister's house. There's a path between the two properties. It would mean the world to me if we could live near her. I just don't know how to make John understand that.

On top of all that, we also need to save a couple grand by January. You know, it's not like it's hard trying to save money during the holidays, right? Ugh.

So, today starts a new day! I meet with my personal trainer, I start at my new gym, I'm applying for jobs daily, and breakfast has been healthy. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment